Saturday, May 14, 2011

Goldfish in Bags Strip Quilt


I've been neglecting the blog, but decided that the Blogger's Quilt Festival was a good reason to get back in the swing of things (or so I say right now...). While looking back at my finished quilts from the last 6 months, I think my favorite was this quilt that I made for a friend's baby:


I love the Goldfish in Bags print from Heather Ross but I have a limited supply and wanted to get the most bang for my buck, so I chose some blue, brown, and orange coordinating prints and made a strip quilt. Not the most original idea in my arsenal, but definitely cute enough that I wanted to keep it for myself! It measured around 36x42 (perfect for a non-pieced backing!).


On a side note, I found THE COOLEST gift today for a dear girl who's graduating from high school tomorrow! It's the My Future Listography journal. The tag-line of the journal is "All I hope to do in lists." There are over 70 lists paired with witty illustrations. A couple of my favorites:
  • Things you would like to be fearless at
  • Other lives you'd want to lead if you had 9 lives (one of mine would be white water rafting instructor...)
  • Events to time travel to in the past or future
  • Appealing qualities you'd like to cultivate in yourself
  • Who to find in Heaven
  • Things you'd like to learn how to make with your own two hands
And because I'm clever, on the "List people you should never lose touch with" list, I'm going to go ahead and pencil in my digits! I'm hilarious! Seriously, though, I would have LOVED a gift like this when I graduated from high school. I'm a list maker and it's taking all of my willpower to not get a pen out and start filling all of these lists in! She'd better like it!

Thanks for stopping in and be sure to check out the other entries in the Bloggers Quilt Festival! It's happening through May 20th.

13 comments:

  1. it's a lovely quilt, no wonder you were thinking of keeping it! and I also like the present of lists, I am also a listmaker :-)
    Kristina
    www.priscillacraft.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh I love those fabrics. well done, this quilt is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this quilt! Great photos too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors ,beautiful fabrics..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute quilt! and I agree - nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The colors and fabric choices make this quilt spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Its beautiful. What a fab gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your strip quilt was a great way to use that special fabric. Your quilt looks great and is a lovely gift!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simplicity of a strip quilt. It really highlights that goldfish in a bag print perfectly. Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is gorgeous. the fish is one of my favorite prints and i really love it with that zebra print.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

    Your Name:...............
    Your Country:...............
    Your Occupation:...............
    Loan Amount Needed:...............
    Loan Duration...............
    Monthly Income:...............
    Your Telephone Number:.....................
    Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
    Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com
    Phone number :+44-75967-81743 (WhatsApp Only)

    ReplyDelete