Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Keep calm and carry on...

The original reason I started this blog was to have a record of my completed quilts and the process I went through to get there...you know, for posterity; however, because I have a somewhat short attention span, it's hard for me to focus on things for extended periods of time. In an effort to make this process easier for myself, I'm going to put out some guidelines for my blogging. Wednesdays are going to be devoted to works-in-progress. I will not be overwhelmed by the (overwhelming) list of quilts and projects that I have started and not finished, but instead, I'm going to, in the wise words of the notepad on my desk, keep calm and carry on. The unfinished projects will be finished. I just have to keep working! Today:


This quilt is farther along than the photo. The top has been pieced and squared up, so today I'll piece the back, iron it, and baste! Then it'll be ready for some simple straight line quilting. Sorry for the terrible photo. The sun hasn't been shining here in what feels like months...just thunderstorms over and over. This week should have some sunshine, so I promise some prettier photos soon!

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous!!!!

    i tried to email you back after your comment on my blog. i couldn't . . . it wouldn't let me. how is your family after the tornado? did it hit your neighborhood?

    ReplyDelete